Reserve EMT (or higher medical certificate)
East Umatilla Fire & Rescue (EUFR) in agreement with East Umatilla County Ambulance Area Health District (EUCAAHD) are creating an eligibility list for the position of Reserve EMT (or higher medical certificate). EUFR & EUCAAHD anticipates filling multiple vacancies from candidates on this list. EUFR & EUCAAHD provide fire protection, BLS & ALS ambulance transport, and rescue services from multiple stations within its 420-square-mile, 4 communities fire protection and Ambulance Service Area. The department responds to an average of 400-450 calls for service a year.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties in response to emergency calls for protection of life; renders emergency medical response and basic/advanced life support activity; maintains and operates a variety of emergency medical equipment; to participate in public education, disaster preparedness, and training activities and to perform a variety of related duties relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Requirements for the position are:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid Oregon EMT certificate or higher. If not an Oregon certificate, must meet the requirements for Oregon reciprocity; (have Oregon EMT certificate within 90-days)
- One year of increasingly responsible emergency medical response experience; or
- Satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid, insurable under our provider, Driver’s License;
- Must be able to effectively read, speak and write the English language;
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity must submit a letter of interest, resume and the East Umatilla Fire & Rescue Application to the Humans Resources Department at 103 W. Main St, Weston, OR 97886 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The application package must show how the applicant meets the requirements of the position listed above. Qualified applicants will receive an oral interview, followed by skills tests. East Umatilla Fire & Rescue in agreement with East Umatilla County Ambulance Area Health District are equal-opportunity employers. Veteran’s preference points will be applied in accordance with Oregon State law to all phases of the testing process. Applications are available here.
431 E Main St
Athena, OR 97813
Michael Kobasa, EMS Coordinator